- To set up a system to monitor and carry out the policy to promote a healthy school campus.
- To provide a platform for teachers to share health related information, so as to raise the health concepts of all members in school.
- A Healthy School Committee is setup and responsible for the construction of the overview of all the programmes in school, which is related to the promotion of Healthy School Policy.
- Programmes related to Healthy School Policy fall into three categories:Whenever a certain area of the Healthy School Policy is not adequately covered, the Healthy School Committee is responsible for organizing activities to fill the gap.
- Physiology, including drug abuse, addictive behavior, personal hygiene, physical fitness, prevention of diseases, first aid and healthy diet.
- Psychology, including mental health and dealing with pressure;
- Social skills, including academic pressure, peer influence, family life and sex education.
- Whenever a certain area of the Healthy School Policy is not adequately covered, the Healthy School Committee is responsible for organizing activities to fill the gap.
Healthy School Committee:
Chairperson: Miss R. Wong
Secretary: Mrs. Y.K. Tong
Non-core Members: Key Learning Domain (KLD) Coordinators
Heads of Functional Committees
Programmes for the Academic Year 2016-2017
1. Information display : ‘Calories in, Calories out’
– Introduction to the calories counter.
– Information display on increasing calories burnt in daily activities like walking up stairs at school.
2. Talks in assembly
An English Drama “Healthy Information for a Healthy Mind” offered by the Office For Film, Newspaper and Article Administration, would be held on 28th November 2016 in the assembly. This activity would be jointly organized by Discipline Board, English Department and Healthy School Committee.
3. Anti-drug programme
An anti-drug microfilm show might be arranged for S1 students during the post examination period. However, possible activities offered by other outsources would still be taken into consideration as alternatives.
4. Other programmes
The Committee would coordinate with Key Learning Domain (KLD) Coordinators and heads of functional committees in organizing programmes related to healthy school.