- To set up a system to monitor and carry out the policy to promote a healthy school campus.
- To provide a platform for teachers to share health related information, so as to raise the health concepts of all members in school.
- A Healthy School Committee is setup and responsible for the construction of the overview of all the programmes in school, which is related to the promotion of Healthy School Policy.
- Programmes related to Healthy School Policy fall into three categories:Whenever a certain area of the Healthy School Policy is not adequately covered, the Healthy School Committee is responsible for organizing activities to fill the gap.
- Physiology, including drug abuse, addictive behavior, personal hygiene, physical fitness, prevention of diseases, first aid and healthy diet.
- Psychology, including mental health and dealing with pressure;
- Social skills, including academic pressure, peer influence, family life and sex education.
- Whenever a certain area of the Healthy School Policy is not adequately covered, the Healthy School Committee is responsible for organizing activities to fill the gap.
Healthy School Committee:
Chairperson: Miss R. Wong
Secretary: Mrs. To
Non-core Members: Key Learning Domain (KLD) Coordinators
Heads of Functional Committees
Programmes for the Academic Year 2017-2018
1. Information display on increasing calories burnt in daily life
Information about calories burnt in daily activities like walking up stairs at school would be displayed on the campus.
2. Joyful Fruit Days
In order to encourage the students and all staff to take more fresh fruits for health, Home Economics Department, Home Economics Club and Healthy School Committee would collaborate in organizing the Joyful Fruit Days. Fruit kebabs would be prepared and delivered to the students and all staff during lunchtime.
3. A talk in the assembly
It was proposed that a talk related to the healthy school policy ‘Healthy Lifestyles: Healthy Images and Correct Postures’ would be held in the assembly in the second term. The tentative talk would be offered by Hong Kong Sanatorium & Hospital. Details of the activity would be confirmed in due course.
4. Other programmes
The Committee would coordinate with Key Learning Domain (KLD) Coordinators and heads of functional committees in organizing programmes related to healthy school.